You can still join the Inver Hills Leadership Academy! A session called “Effectively Handling Difficult Conversations” will be held Tuesday, September 25th at 2 pm in CC 117! The Leadership Academy is for students who are looking to take a focused look at leadership, and students who complete the program will receive the Inver Leadership Certificate. For more information email Nichelle Bottko or show up at 2 pm on Tuesday in CC117!
There are two Quiet Rooms on campus, located in:
- Activities Building, room 212, and
- Library, room 218.
These rooms can be used for quiet purposes such as meditation, prayer, or simply taking time to sit in a quiet place and destress for a few minutes.
Thursday October 11th
10:30am-1:30pm, College Center 2nd Floor
Connect with regional colleges/universities and find out how to transfer your Inver Hills coursework. Inquire about affordability, scholarships, pre-major requirements, program availability and application requirements.
MN State Universities
- Bemidji State University
- Metro State University
- MN State University, Mankato
- MN State University, Moorhead
- Southwest MN State University
- Cloud State University
- Winona State University
MN Private Colleges
- Augsburg University
- Bethel University
- College of St. Benedict
- College of St. Scholastica
- Concordia College, Moorhead
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Hamline University
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Northwest Health Sciences University
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Catherine University
- John’s University
- University of Northwestern
- University of St. Thomas
Out of State Universities
- North Dakota State University
- University of Wisconsin River Falls
- University of Wisconsin Stout
- University of North Dakota
Sponsored by Inver Hills Counseling & Advising Department
10:30am-1:30pm, College Center 2nd Floor
Connect with University of Minnesota campuses and Twin Cities Colleges to find out how to transfer your Inver Hills coursework. Inquire about affordability, scholarships, pre-major requirements, program availability and application requirements.
Campuses represented: Duluth, Crookston, Rochester and Twin Cities
U of M Twin Cities Programs/Colleges:
- University of College of Design
- College of Science and Engineering
- College of Education and Human Development,
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Continuing Education
- Carlson School of Management
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Dentistry
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Program of Mortuary Science
- School of Nursing
The Inver Hills Counseling Center has established a Mindfulness & Mothers Room in CC 243 (see CollegeCenter2ndFloor map)
This quiet space can be used for the following purposes:
- Mindfulness practice & meditation
In times of stress, we are encouraged to take a moment to pause and find some peace and calm. Mindfulness is known to help combat stress and improve one’s quality of life. Our hope is that this quiet space will allow students and employees to experience a place of peace and sanctuary while learning and working.
To provide space and to support nursing mothers returning to work or school, this is a private space where nursing mothers are welcome to express milk or nurse during their time on campus. The room is equipped with a comfortable chair, a small table, soft lighting, a radio/CD player, hand sanitizer, paper towels and an electrical outlet. Sinks are available in the rest room down the hall.
This space is available on a first come, first served basis and is available when the College Center building is open. Additional space for nursing mothers is available in the Health Service, 1st floor of the College Center.
Transfer Workshop 1
- Wednesday, September 19th, 1:30 p.m. – FA 194
- Thursday, September 20th, 2 p.m. – FA 194
IHCC Scholarship Workshop
- Monday, September 24th, 1:30 p.m. – FA 196
- Tuesday, September 25th, 11 a.m. – LA 133
2018-9-19 Transfer Workshop 1
The week of September 10th is National Suicide Prevention Week. The Counseling Department is sponsoring R U OK day on Thursday, September 13th, and all week we are encouraging all members of the IHCC community to check in with the people around them. We all need conversations, and that’s why we all need to ask people around us “are you ok?”. If you or someone you care about needs a bit of extra help we want you to know that the Inver Hills Counselors are trained to help with crisis and non-crisis mental health concerns.
It’s 3 little words we can all ask. And if we all did, we could change the world. Who will you ask?
Headed into the fall semester your schedules and life has no doubt changed a bit. Don’t let health and wellness fall to the wayside. Join the Fall Fitness Challenge at Inver Hills Community College. FREE for students, $5 for staff/faculty!
- Stop By Health Services CC109
- Get registered, individual or teams of 4
- Get participation incentive
- Mark the dates:
- Sept 10 Registration Due
- Events throughout the semester
- Dec 3 Last points tracker is due
- Dec 6 Winners Announced (Individual and teams)
Fitness Challange Info Single Page
First meeting of the semester: Wednesday, September 12, 1 – 2p, HH306.
Let’s volunteer together! Come to our first meeting for pizza, pop, and to brainstorm where we want to volunteer this semester. Examples include: Feed My Starving Children, Campus Garden, Great River Greening, Loaves and Fishes, etc. All are welcome!
Questions? Can’t make it but interested? Contact the advisors, Shannon Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cheryl Redinger (email@example.com).