Hockey: Tuesday, February 3 vs. Normandale at Wakota arena in South St. Paul; Thursday, February 5 vs. Anoka Ramsey at Coon Rapids Ice Center. Both games start at 1:10 p.m.
Basketball: Wednesdays, 3:15 p.m. start. Student vs. faculty/staff on Wednesday, March 4 at 4 p.m. No IM basketball on February 11.
Volleyball: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have class at 1 p.m., come in after class. Meet new friends.
Sign up online www.inverhills.edu/Intramurals
Fitness Center Hours
Monday to Thursday 9am to 8pm
Friday (closed Sat./Sun) 9am -4pm
Student Success Day Hours 1pm to 8pm
Game Room Hours
Monday & Wednesday 10:15am to 7:45pm
Tuesday and Thursday 9:15am to 7:45pm
Friday 9:15am to 12:45pm
Check out equipment with IH I.D. at the lower level Rec. window in the Activities building.
Workout lockers: $5 for Spring Semester (they are not book lockers). A limited amount remains. Good through May 14.
Deadline: Applicants must apply by March 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- All applicants must prepare two songs of differing styles.
- Song selection is limited to classical and/or musical theater compositions only.
- Both works must be memorized for performance.
- Contestants must obtain two legal copies of the music by the time of the scheduled audition.
- The ruling of the judges is final.
- Contestants must be available to audition on Thursday, April 9, 2015 between 9:00am and 4:00pm. Assigned times will be made available to contestants by Friday, April 3, 2015. Auditions will occur on campus in the Fine Arts Building.
- Winners will be announced after 6:00pm on Thursday, April 9, 2015.
- Ensemble contestant’s scholarship prize money will be split evenly among eligible participants
- The winner and runner-up in each of the two categories will perform their songs at a joint concert at Inver Hills Community College on Friday, April 10, 2015 at 7:30pm in the Fine Arts Theater.
- Prizes for the winners and first runner-up in each category include scholarship prizes and other items: First place: $250.00 / Second place: $100.00.
Wednesday, February 4th, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., College Center
Are you looking for a flexible part-time job while going to school? The Center for Experiential Learning invites you to our part-time job fair! We will have 25 different organizations and work study departments present who would love to talk to you about their opportunities!
Start planning your transfer to a four year college or university. The following university will be set up in the Counseling and Advising area this week:
Tuesday, February 3rd – University of Minnesota (CFANS) from 11:30 – 2:00.
The college will be closed on Monday, February 16th in observance of the Presidents’ Day holiday.
Do you have:
- Dynamic, outgoing personality & communication style
- Desire to engage and excite middle school students
- Ability to adapt, deal with changing circumstances in real time, a sense of humor
- We will be dealing with live animals & pre-teens
Be part of the Inver Hills Roadshow. ANYONE interested in practicing/learning their communication skills is welcome.
We will be visiting middle schoolers to help them learn about career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, agriculture & math (STEAM). This will not be a lecture, but super-fun, active learning experience. Your role will be to:
- Use your sparkling personality to excite students about STEAM!
- Interact with small groups (4-6) of students, keeping them on task & prompting them during activities
- Play with live goats
- Participate in creative planning and training sessions
Interested? Contact Kristin Digiulio email@example.com 651-450-3272
Start planning your transfer to a four year college or university. The following Universities will be set up in the Counseling and Advising area this week:
Wednesday, January 28th – Concordia University from 9:00 – 1:00.
Thursday January 29th – Saint Mary’s University from 10:00 – 1:00.
Hockey: Practice on Tuesday, 1/20 at Wakota Arena in South St. Paul from 1 pm to 2:20 pm. Games Thursday, 1/22 at Polar Arena vs. Century, 1/27 home game vs. North Hennepin at Wakota Arena in South St. Paul, 2/3 home game vs. Normandale. All games start at 1 pm and are coed non check. Games are extramural with other colleges.
5 on 5 Basketball: Wednesdays, 3:15 pm start.
Volleyball: Thursday 1-3:30 pm. Volleyball is coed and played on Thursdays until April 2 (no games March 12)
Sign up online at: www.inverhills.edu/Intramurals. Put your desired sport in the activity box.
The Inver Hills Author Showcase will take place on January 20 starting at 2:00 p.m. in the Green Room. Click here for more information Author Showcase.
The Center for Experiential Learning has a “Civic Engagement Fair and Internship Fair” on Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the College Center. Over 30 community organizations will be present!
The Center for Experiential Learning also has a “Work Study and Part-Time Student Job Fair” on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the College Center. Students can meet hiring staff and supervisors hiring for on campus jobs such as Ecolab, Target, UPS, ACR Homes, Student Experience, Syngenta, and more!