Sign up at the Counseling and Advising Desk
- Monday, Mar 16th Concordia University from 10:00 – 1:00,
- Tuesday, Mar 17th Saint Mary’s University from 10:00 – 1:00,
- Wednesday, Mar 18th Grand Canyon University from 10:00 – 1:00,
- Thursday, Mar 19th University of Minnesota, Appointments from 12:00 – 3:00
On Tuesday, March 17, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the lower level of the College Center (just outside the cafeteria and Student Life), Inver Hills will host the second round of Charting the Future Gallery Walks.
Wondering what a Gallery Walk is? It’s all part of Charting the Future, a strategic planning process that Inver Hills and all other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are conducting. You can learn more about it here: Charting the Future website.
The spring Gallery Walks will provide us with the opportunity to review the initial concepts and ideas from four teams: Academic Planning & Collaboration, Competency Certification & Credit for Prior Learning, Education Technology and Information Technology Systems Design.
Student feedback is extremely important to this process because the ideas and concepts being considered are going to DIRECTLY impact students just like you. PLEASE plan to come through and provide feedback. Snacks will be available for all attendees.
Attend the VIBE Halloween Carnival!
Friday, October 31st 5 pm – 7 pm in the Gym!
Staff Training will occur Friday, October 31, 2014 – 1:00 to 3:30 and Student Services will be closed– Classes will run. All student services offices will be closed. However, classes will run.
Start planning your transfer to a four year college. Stop into the Counseling and Advising area and visit with one of these colleges:
Monday Sept 29th Saint Mary’s University 10:00 – 1:00
Wednesday Oct 1st University of St Thomas 10:00-1:00
Friday Oct 3rd Concordia University 10:00-1:00
International Student Club has a new meeting time which is every Tuesdays at 2pm in FA -196!
Please come and join us to learn more about different cultures and have fun. Everyone is welcome!
On Friday, October 3, the Enrollment Center and the Financial Aid office will close at noon for staff development.
STUDENTS! LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD
The Bookstore is seeking 5 students who would be willing to serve on a student panel from 10:15am-11:30am on October 14, 2014. Your audience are faculty from across the metro area.
Discussion topics include:
• What would you like to see faculty use for affordable learning resource alternatives? (example: online web sources, interactive web sites, course packets, e-Books, access codes, etc.)
• What types of choices do you make regarding textbook costs (drop a class because the book is too expensive, don’t purchase a book because you can’t afford it, etc.)?
• What kinds of learning resource alternatives have you used in classes and why do you like/dislike it?
• How does the cost of textbooks effect your success?
If you are interested, please stop in to the Bookstore and talk to Dawn Master, Bookstore Manager or call her at 651-450-3247.
The Psychology Departments at Metropolitan State University and Inver Hills Community College are partnering for a community event designed to provide healthy foods for community residents in the Dayton’s Bluff area. Our goal is to prepare over 50-100 fresh apple pies and we need your help in harvesting apples and making the pies. We Need Your Help! We will wash, peel and prepare the apples for pies on two (2) dates:
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Thursday, October 2, 2014
both at 11:00 a.m. at the First Lutheran Church (http://lovegrowshere.net/). We will work until 7:30 each day, and you can drop in as you are available. Please contact August Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Barb Curchack (BCurcha@inverhills.mnscu.edu) to let us know if you intend to help out on either date.