The Center for Career Development and Community-Based Learning hosts employers at the table near the Green Room. Meet with these employers if you at the table near the Green Room in the Cultural Center 10 am – 2 pm! The Health Care Job Fair will be located on the first floor of the Science Building from 12-2pm.
- 11/5 360 WOW Inc – Employer of The Day
- 11/6 Vector Marketing – Employer of The Day
- 11/8 ACR Homes – Employer of The Day
- 11/13 – Interim Health Care – Employer of The Day
- 11/14 – Health Care Job Fair!
- 11/15 FEDEX – Employer of The Day
The Testing Center is planning to change its late night hours of operation to Wednesdays for the upcoming summer semester, to be in line with all other Student Affairs’ offices. They are going to be open from 8am to 5pm to begin a test, and close the center at 7 pm on Wednesday nights.
There are two other time frames of note over the summer semester itself:
- The Testing Center will be closed altogether on June 29th to prepare for the upcoming Next Generation Accuplacer implementation.
- From June 26th through July 10th, the Testing Center will have shortened hours of operation.
- From Tuesday the 26th through Tuesday the 10th, our hours of operation will be 8 am to 3 pm to begin testing, with doors closing at 5 pm.
- On Friday, hours of operation will be 8 am to 10 am to begin testing, with doors closing at 12 pm.
- The Center will be closed on July 4th for the holiday.
On behalf of the Testing Center, good luck with the remainder of the semester! Please contact us below if you have additional questions.
– Aldrich Arena (Maplewood) –
– May 10, 2018 @ 7pm –
It is a great opportunity to gain public speaking experience that will look great on a resume. You also have the honor of representing the 2018 IHCC graduating class as you kick off graduation and provide some words of inspiration.
Submit an outline for your 4 minute long speech to Brad Manley (email@example.com) by Monday 4/16/18.
*You can also drop off your outline at LA-114 (be sure to include your contact info)
You are submitting a proposal and a selection committee will meet to determine the finalist(s).
Do you like helping? Are you looking for an on-campus job that will work with your class schedule? We are hiring for a Student Office Assistant. For position details, please go to https://www.inverhills.edu/eforms/OnCampusJobs/index.aspx?I=147.
If you plan to finish your degree by the end of spring or summer semester stop by Counseling and Advising Mon. Feb. 26th – Fri. March 2nd to complete an application for graduation, celebrate and enjoy a treat! It only takes 5 minutes and there is no need to set up an appointment! Simply stop by Counseling and Advising during the hours below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you intend to graduate. We can work with you via email to complete the application for graduation.
Counseling and Advising: Hours for Grad App Assistance
Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Wed. 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Not sure about your progress towards your degree? Check out your Interactive Degree Audit Report by logging into your e-services account. Select Grades and Transcripts and Interactive Degree Audit Report.
Note: Completing an application for graduation is a requirement to receive your certificate or diploma, regardless of whether you plan to participate in the spring commencement ceremony. The deadline to submit your graduation application is Friday, March 2nd in order to be invited to the commencement ceremony. The commencement ceremony will be held Thursday, May 7th at Aldrich Arena.
Inver Hills Counselors & Advisors
College Center, 2nd Floor
Present at the Annual Research Conference, April 18-19. This year’s theme is “Our Moral Compass: Navigating toward more meaningful success”
- Seeking presenters for oral, poster or portfolio presentations.
- Showcase what you have studied and build your resume.
- Submit your proposal by March 31, 2018.
- Visit IHCONF.ORG for more information.
Stop by Health Services (CC109) to pick up registration. Meeting times TBD by the club members. You can email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like an emailed copy of the registration form. There is no cost associated with this club.
Fitness Challenge Registration – Free for students. Teams up to 4. Stop by Health Services to register and enter to win prizes at the end.
Health Services – Know Your Numbers!
Free to students: Doctor Physicals (Work? School? Insurance?), Lipid Panel (Cholesterol levels) in January
Cost to staff/faculty: Doctor Physicals $20, Lipid Panel $10
Doctor is on campus Wednesday’s 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Normal Hours M-Th 8:00-4:00
Jan. 16th Deep Breathing Meditation CC117 9-10:15
Jan. 24th Free Lunch n’ Learn CC117 11:00 & 12:15 Know Your Numbers
This year, the university has launched a new visit program designed solely for transfer students called Transfer Thursdays.
What can students expect at Transfer Thursdays?
- During this half day visit, students will first view a general information session. This session gives students an overview of life as a University of Minnesota student. It will highlight the transfer admissions process, including how credits transfer and which courses fulfill liberal education requirements.
- Students will then tour our historic Big Ten campus. The tour is led by student tour guides who are familiar with the transfer student experience.
- Finally, students will attend a college-specific session based on their major of interest. Please encourage students to visit z.umn.edu/TransferThursday to schedule a Transfer Thursday visit.
It is important to note that the priority deadline for most colleges has changed to February 1. Complete admission and deadline information is available at z.umn.edu/TransferDeadlines.
Please note that some colleges and programs require additional materials, including application supplements. Information concerning application supplements and required/recommended course prerequisites can be found on our website. Applications submitted by February 1 without the supplemental applications would be considered incomplete. More info is available at z.umn.edu/TransferChecklist. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the specific college in question: z.umn.edu/TransferDirectory.
Students are encouraged to submit complete applications by the priority deadline as this ensures full consideration. Applications received or completed after the priority deadline, but by the final deadline, will be reviewed on a space-available basis. Some programs may fill and therefore close their admissions before the final deadline. In order to be considered for more than one program where the program deadlines differ, students must meet the priority deadline for each individual program.