Are you a student who plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, Computer Science, Marketing, Finance, or another major related insurance and financial services? Do you plan to remain enrolled at Inver Hills for the 2020-2021 school year?
If you’ve answered yes to both of these questions, you may be eligible to apply for the Traveler’s EDGE Scholarship program! Imagine having mentors, paid internship offers, learning career-development skills, and receiving renewable scholarships along with other great opportunities! Application (www.scholarship.org/edgescholarship) deadline is February 5th, 2020. Contact Catima Wilson at 651-450-3742 or email@example.com for more information.
Free fresh food open to all IHCC Students.
No Pre-registration required.
Representatives from the following transfer colleges will be available to meet with you in the counseling and advising area located on the second floor of the College Center building on the following dates
- March 4th, 10 – 1: Concordia University
- March 5th, 10-12:30: Augsburg University
- March 6, 10-1: St. Mary’s University
- March 7,
- 10-1: St. Cloud State University
- 10-1: North Dakota State University
- March 12, 10-1: Concordia University
- March 18, 10-1: Hamline University
- March 19
- 10-1: St. Mary’s
- 10:30-3 pm, Metro State University
- March 20:
- 10-1: Concordia University
- 10-1, University of St. Catherine’s
- March 21,
- 11-1: Winona State University – Rochester
- 12-3, University of Minnesota (Appointments Needed)
- March 25, 10-1: University of Minnesota Duluth
- March 26,
- 10-1: Concordia University
- 10-1: Minnesota State University – Mankato
- March 27, 10-12:30: Augsburg University
You can visit with the following potential employers on campus.
- 3/18 Employer of the Day – Vector Marketing
- 3/19 Employer of the Day – College nannies and Tutors
- 3/20 Employer of the Day – LOFT
- 3/21 Employer of the Day – YMCA
- 3/25 Employer of the Day – Teachers on Call
- 3/27 Employer of the Day – Robert Half
- 3/28 Employer of the Day – St. Paul Neighborhood Network
If you plan to finish your degree by the end of spring or summer semester, stop by Counseling and Advising (College Center, 2nd Floor) March 4th – 8th to complete your application for graduation, celebrate, and enjoy a treat! It only takes 5 minutes and there is no need to set up an appointment! Simply stop by Counseling and Advising during the hours below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you intend to graduate. We can work with you via email to complete the application for graduation.
Counseling and Advising: Hours for Graduation Application Assistance
- Monday, March 4th, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 5th, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm & 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 6th, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm & 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Thursday & Friday, March 7th & 8th – 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Join in for the 1st career week event, the Etiquette lunch. You will get a free meal and information about interviewing over the course of a meal. Space is limited, so please register in advance at bit.ly/inverluncheon
Attend this and one additional Career Week event and you will earn an Inver Hills portfolio.
Find more information about this event and more here: http://news.inverhills.edu/blog/career-week-spring-2019/
Save the Dates!! Career Week is coming!!
This is THE week you do not want to miss anything on campus: February 25-March 1st.
Every day this week a different event designed to give you a competitive edge in your job search and future career. Students who attend 2 or more events will get an Inver Hills Portfolio.
Some events require pre-registration, so don’t wait to save your spot.
Get all the details here: http://news.inverhills.edu/blog/career-week-spring-2019/
Like the Inver Hills Center for Career Development and Community-Based Learning page (@IHCCCareer) between the dates of 2/18-3/1 and be entered to win an Inver Hills T-shirt. This is a great place to learn about Career Week events, future events, job leads and MORE!
Are you looking for more information? Check out this alumni spotlight who used Career Week to land a job after graduation!
Want even more information? Stop by the Center for Career Development and Community-Based Learning in College Center 210! We are happy to help. Email: CareerDevelopment@inverhills.edu or 651-450-3683.
Joint Career and Internship Fair
On 2/12 3-6pm in the Fine Arts Lobby
Join the Center for Career Development and Community-Based Learning at the 2nd Annual Joint Career and Internship Fair hosted on Student Success Day from 3-6pm in the Fine Arts Lobby. Meet with employers who are looking for interns and employees in business, IT, and paralegal fields. Check out which employers will be in attendance HERE.
Are you ready? If not, connect with the Center to update your resume or prepare for an interview. Stop by the Open Resume Review Labs. Or try College Central Network for an on-line resume review!