Travelers EGDE Scholarship Application
Are you looking for paid internships and scholarships that relate to your future career? The Travelers EDGE program provides you with:
- Professional Development opportunities
- $15/hr paid internships
- $1,000 scholarship each semester
- Mentoring opportunities from professionals at Travelers Insurance company.
Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment (EDGE) is a career pipeline for college students from diverse backgrounds. EDGE prepares students for employment in the financial services industry in various ways.
We are looking to enroll new students in this program for the 2019-2020 academic year and applications are due on Wednesday, February 6th. The application and more information about eligibility requirements can be found here: https://www.inverhills.edu/StudentSupport/travelers/TravelersEdge.aspx
Questions about this program can be sent to Marie Lindloff at MLindloff@inverhills.edu or stop in the TRIO office for more information.
Drop by for on the spot feedback on your resume. The Center will be hosting several fairs this semester and we want to help you get prepared. Bring your resume!
The Center for Career Development and Community-Based Learning hosts employers at the table near the Green Room. Meet with these employers if you at the table near the Green Room in the Cultural Center 10 am – 2 pm! The Health Care Job Fair will be located on the first floor of the Science Building from 12-2pm.
- 11/5 360 WOW Inc – Employer of The Day
- 11/6 Vector Marketing – Employer of The Day
- 11/8 ACR Homes – Employer of The Day
- 11/13 – Interim Health Care – Employer of The Day
- 11/14 – Health Care Job Fair!
- 11/15 FEDEX – Employer of The Day
Career Services hosts employers on campus at the table outside of the Green Room on the first floor of the College Center near the north entrance from the mall! Visit with them on the following days:
- 10/22 Employer of the Day: UPS
- 10/23 Employer of the Day: Augustana Home Care
- 10/24 Employer of The Day: Target
- 10/25 Employer of The Day: Legacies
- 10/29: Employer of The day: Pinnacle Logistics
- 10/30 Employer of The Day: Air Force
- 10/31 Employer of The Day: Scribe America
Inver Hills Community College is partnering with ISD 196 to host the 3rd Expanding Your Horizons STEAM Conference for Middle School Girls (grades 6-8) on our campus, Saturday April 28, 2018
Girls will explore opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture & Math with hands-on, interactive workshops and activities delivered by positive role models active in their fields.
- Bring a kid: All girls in grades 6-8 are welcome, so sign up a kiddo or two! There are also concurrent parent workshops on college pathways, careers, finance
- Volunteer!! All are welcome…we need people to help us the week and day before the conference, as well as the day of the conference.
- Have your student club, employer, or other group host an Expo table: During the conference, there will be a two-hour STEAM Career Expo in the gym with various professional organizations, colleges, youth groups, employers, etc., Last time the Biology Club taught attendees how to perform fun lab techniques. All clubs and associations are welcome and encouraged!!
- Spread the word: Please forward info to any adults or kids that you think might be interested in participating, including potential career workshop leaders, employers, organizations, super-heroes.
Please contact email@example.com 651-450-3272 with questions or ideas for the conference. Signing up is simple & painless.
The Testing Center is planning to change its late night hours of operation to Wednesdays for the upcoming summer semester, to be in line with all other Student Affairs’ offices. They are going to be open from 8am to 5pm to begin a test, and close the center at 7 pm on Wednesday nights.
There are two other time frames of note over the summer semester itself:
- The Testing Center will be closed altogether on June 29th to prepare for the upcoming Next Generation Accuplacer implementation.
- From June 26th through July 10th, the Testing Center will have shortened hours of operation.
- From Tuesday the 26th through Tuesday the 10th, our hours of operation will be 8 am to 3 pm to begin testing, with doors closing at 5 pm.
- On Friday, hours of operation will be 8 am to 10 am to begin testing, with doors closing at 12 pm.
- The Center will be closed on July 4th for the holiday.
On behalf of the Testing Center, good luck with the remainder of the semester! Please contact us below if you have additional questions.
– Aldrich Arena (Maplewood) –
– May 10, 2018 @ 7pm –
It is a great opportunity to gain public speaking experience that will look great on a resume. You also have the honor of representing the 2018 IHCC graduating class as you kick off graduation and provide some words of inspiration.
Submit an outline for your 4 minute long speech to Brad Manley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 4/16/18.
*You can also drop off your outline at LA-114 (be sure to include your contact info)
You are submitting a proposal and a selection committee will meet to determine the finalist(s).
Come learn more about
- Transfer credits
- FAFSA and MN Dream Act
- Community Resources
- Pueblo, Latino Student Group
Fall priority deadline is June 30, 2018
Questions? Contact Karina Moreno D’Silva
Assistant Director and Chicano/Latino Liaison
651-793-1308 or email@example.com
Metropolitan State University
Student Center, 690 East Seventh Street, Saint Paul, MN 55106