Inver Hills Community College is partnering with ISD 196 to host the 3rd Expanding Your Horizons STEAM Conference for Middle School Girls (grades 6-8) on our campus, Saturday April 28, 2018
Girls will explore opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture & Math with hands-on, interactive workshops and activities delivered by positive role models active in their fields.
- Bring a kid: All girls in grades 6-8 are welcome, so sign up a kiddo or two! There are also concurrent parent workshops on college pathways, careers, finance
- Volunteer!! All are welcome…we need people to help us the week and day before the conference, as well as the day of the conference.
- Have your student club, employer, or other group host an Expo table: During the conference, there will be a two-hour STEAM Career Expo in the gym with various professional organizations, colleges, youth groups, employers, etc., Last time the Biology Club taught attendees how to perform fun lab techniques. All clubs and associations are welcome and encouraged!!
- Spread the word: Please forward info to any adults or kids that you think might be interested in participating, including potential career workshop leaders, employers, organizations, super-heroes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 651-450-3272 with questions or ideas for the conference. Signing up is simple & painless.
The Testing Center is planning to change its late night hours of operation to Wednesdays for the upcoming summer semester, to be in line with all other Student Affairs’ offices. They are going to be open from 8am to 5pm to begin a test, and close the center at 7 pm on Wednesday nights.
There are two other time frames of note over the summer semester itself:
- The Testing Center will be closed altogether on June 29th to prepare for the upcoming Next Generation Accuplacer implementation.
- From June 26th through July 10th, the Testing Center will have shortened hours of operation.
- From Tuesday the 26th through Tuesday the 10th, our hours of operation will be 8 am to 3 pm to begin testing, with doors closing at 5 pm.
- On Friday, hours of operation will be 8 am to 10 am to begin testing, with doors closing at 12 pm.
- The Center will be closed on July 4th for the holiday.
On behalf of the Testing Center, good luck with the remainder of the semester! Please contact us below if you have additional questions.
– Aldrich Arena (Maplewood) –
– May 10, 2018 @ 7pm –
It is a great opportunity to gain public speaking experience that will look great on a resume. You also have the honor of representing the 2018 IHCC graduating class as you kick off graduation and provide some words of inspiration.
Submit an outline for your 4 minute long speech to Brad Manley (email@example.com) by Monday 4/16/18.
*You can also drop off your outline at LA-114 (be sure to include your contact info)
You are submitting a proposal and a selection committee will meet to determine the finalist(s).
- Chance to win $500 scholarship! Register by Friday, April 6
- Log into E-services to get started TODAY
- Questions? Stop by Counseling & Advising
Come learn more about
- Transfer credits
- FAFSA and MN Dream Act
- Community Resources
- Pueblo, Latino Student Group
Fall priority deadline is June 30, 2018
Questions? Contact Karina Moreno D’Silva
Assistant Director and Chicano/Latino Liaison
651-793-1308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Metropolitan State University
Student Center, 690 East Seventh Street, Saint Paul, MN 55106
Inver Hills is partnering with The Open Door Mobile Pantry again to offer a FREE FRESH FOOD Events on select Tuesdays in March and April!
Upcoming Fresh Food Event Dates:
- Tuesday, March 27th 2:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday April, 10th 2:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday, April 24th 2:00-3:00pm
These events are open to all IHCC students. There is no pre-registration required and no income requirements. If you are looking to stretch your budget and want to get some fresh food stop by and grab some groceries! Food is available on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. The Mobile Pantry will be located in the roundabout behind the Liberal Arts building next to the Technology Building. You are welcome to come to all of the dates below or just pick 1 that works for you. If you are an existing mobile pantry user this does NOT affect your monthly eligibility for our regular mobile pantry service. If you have questions please contact counseling at 651-450-3508 or email@example.com
Tuesday 4/3 at 11am in CC118
Enjoy an afternoon of learning proper dining and networking etiquette. Perfect for anyone who may ever eat a dinner or work at a job. Free food. Register at: bit.ly/inverluncheon
Travelers EDGE Scholarship Information Session
Wednesday 4/4 at 3pm in FA196
Find out about an awesome scholarship for Business Students. Earn money and experience to advance your career while in school.
Applying for a Federal Job
Thursday 4/5 at 2pm in HH 203
If you have ever considered working for the government, this is the place to be. Learn how to get through the application process and bonus information if you are Vet or a student with a disability.
Backpack to Briefcase
Friday 4/6 from 9am-Noon in Fine Arts
Learn everything you need to know about landing your job after college straight from employers! Network, get a free LinkedIn headshot, and free food all while learning essential information for career success. Registration required: Email CEL@inverhills.edu with your Star ID!
Do you like helping? Are you looking for an on-campus job that will work with your class schedule? We are hiring for a Student Office Assistant. For position details, please go to https://www.inverhills.edu/eforms/OnCampusJobs/index.aspx?I=147.
If you plan to finish your degree by the end of spring or summer semester stop by Counseling and Advising Mon. Feb. 26th – Fri. March 2nd to complete an application for graduation, celebrate and enjoy a treat! It only takes 5 minutes and there is no need to set up an appointment! Simply stop by Counseling and Advising during the hours below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you intend to graduate. We can work with you via email to complete the application for graduation.
Counseling and Advising: Hours for Grad App Assistance
Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Wed. 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Not sure about your progress towards your degree? Check out your Interactive Degree Audit Report by logging into your e-services account. Select Grades and Transcripts and Interactive Degree Audit Report.
Note: Completing an application for graduation is a requirement to receive your certificate or diploma, regardless of whether you plan to participate in the spring commencement ceremony. The deadline to submit your graduation application is Friday, March 2nd in order to be invited to the commencement ceremony. The commencement ceremony will be held Thursday, May 7th at Aldrich Arena.
Inver Hills Counselors & Advisors
College Center, 2nd Floor