About the Role of Student Senate President
The Executive Board of the Student Senate is comprised of the Student Senate President, Vice President, Director of Communications, Treasurer, and Legislative Director. As a whole, the Executive Board:
- Is responsible for implementing all decisions made by the Student Senate
- Notifies the faculty and administration of any student concerns as deemed necessary
- Sets the agenda and for Student Senate meetings
- Presents separate officer reports at all regularly scheduled meetings.
- Attend and lead leadership workshops and trainings
- Executive Board members will receive a stipend based each semester upon completion of their duties
The Duties of the President (as outlined in the Student Senate Bylaws)
- Shall be responsible for the overall organization of the Student Senate.
- Shall have knowledge and enforce the Student Senate Constitution and By-Laws.
- Shall direct and delegate responsibilities to other Executive Board Members and Senators as deemed necessary.
- Shall appoint all ad-hoc committee chairs.
- Shall appoint students to campus wide committees.
- Receive all Letters of Intent from potential Associate Student Senators, and forward them to the Executive Board.
- Votes only in the event of a tie.
- Shall preside and run all meetings by parliamentary procedure.
- Shall call emergency meetings when needed.
- Have authority to make emergency decisions that will be submitted to the Student Senate at the next regularly scheduled Student Senate meeting for approval.
- Be a representative on the Student Activities Budgeting Committee (SABC)
- Attend all Lead MN functions and all regional meetings. If unable to attend, the President shall appoint a delegate with consent of the Senators to attend in their place.
- Shall have knowledge of all Lead MN governing documents.