About the Role of Student Senate Legislative Director
The Executive Board of the Student Senate is comprised of the Student Senate President, Vice President, Director of Communications, Treasurer, and Legislative Director. As a whole, the Executive Board:
- Is responsible for implementing all decisions made by the Student Senate
- Notifies the faculty and administration of any student concerns as deemed necessary
- Sets the agenda and for Student Senate meetings
- Presents separate officer reports at all regularly scheduled meetings.
- Attend and lead leadership workshops and trainings
- Executive Board members will receive a stipend based each semester upon completion of their duties
The Duties of the Legislative Director (as outlined in the Student Senate Bylaws)
- Shall temporarily assume the role of President in the absence of the aforementioned Officers.
- Shall be responsible for all legislative affairs and advocacy efforts of the Student Senate at the campus, state and federal level, including:
- Chairing the Advocacy Committee.
- Coordinating Lead MN Advocacy effort
- Shall have a responsibility for communication with elected officials, including:
- Writing template letters and /or e-mails concerning student issues which Senators can use to communicate with their elected officials.
- Encourage all Senators to be in contact with their Representatives.
- Keep the Student Senate updated on any legislative issues.
- Ensure that all requirements are fulfilled to attain Star campus status