Student Senate Vice President, 2017
About the Role of Student Senate Vice President
The Executive Board of the Student Senate is comprised of the Student Senate President, Vice President, Director of Communications, Treasurer, and Legislative Director. As a whole, the Executive Board:
- Is responsible for implementing all decisions made by the Student Senate
- Notifies the faculty and administration of any student concerns as deemed necessary
- Sets the agenda and for Student Senate meetings
- Presents separate officer reports at all regularly scheduled meetings.
- Attend and lead leadership workshops and trainings
- Executive Board members will receive a stipend based each semester upon completion of their duties
The Duties of the Vice President (as outlined in the Student Senate Bylaws)
- Shall assume the role of the Presidency in the absence of the President.
- If the President leaves the office, the Vice President shall succeed the Presidency upon his/her resignation or removal for the remainder of the term. Should the Vice President decline the Presidency, the Student Senate will hold an election.
- Assist the President as needed.
- Shall chair and be responsible for the Outreach Committee.
- Shall reserve a room for all meetings and coordinate other meeting requirements.
- Work with Student Life to:
- Sanction student clubs and organizations.
- Be available to assist clubs and organizations in their programs and activities.
- Shall collect and file minutes from clubs and organizations
- Present leadership programs and organizational programs as needed.