Please join the Inver Hills Campus Community for Student Success Day on Wednesday, February 11. We have a fantastic line up of workshops presented by IHCC faculty and staff. It’s a great way to experience campus life and enjoy free food all day!
- Check-in starts at 8:30 a.m. in Heritage Hall.
- Click https://inverhills.edu/StudentSuccessDay/ for a look at the schedule!
- If you are looking to tap into your leadership potential, come listen to our fabulous Keynote Speaker Willie Howard, former Minnesota Vikings player.
- During Student Success Day, most classes are cancelled from 8:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.; exceptions include: accelerated, off-campus, online, and certificate-hours classes.
For more information or questions, please contact Jason Neuhaus at email@example.com or Shiloh Gideon-Sjostrom firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start planning your transfer to a four year college or university. The following universities will be set up in the Counseling and Advising area this week:
Monday, Feb 9th – Metro State University from 9:00 – 11:00. Appointments from 11:00 – 1:00 (Sign up at the Counseling Desk).
Friday, Feb 13th – Concordia University from 10:00 – 1:00.
Inver Hills Community College is creating the next version of the campus website. We would like to meet with you to listen to your ideas and understand how you use the website. By taking the time to participate, we will be better able to incorporate your needs into the website.
Join a focus group
A focus group will meet on Tuesday, February 10 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. No special preparation is required. As a group, you will answer a series of questions and scenarios. Each participant will receive a $10 Lancer gift card for the cafeteria. Please contact Jason at email@example.com or 651-423-8611 to sign-up.
We would like to see how you find and use information on the Inver Hills website. On Wednesday, February 11, we will be conducting individual usability testing with current students. Times are available from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Each session is approximately 45 minutes. Each participant will receive a $10 Lancer gift card for the cafeteria. Please contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-423-8611 to sign-up.
Hockey: Tuesday, February 3 vs. Normandale at Wakota arena in South St. Paul; Thursday, February 5 vs. Anoka Ramsey at Coon Rapids Ice Center. Both games start at 1:10 p.m.
Basketball: Wednesdays, 3:15 p.m. start. Student vs. faculty/staff on Wednesday, March 4 at 4 p.m. No IM basketball on February 11.
Volleyball: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have class at 1 p.m., come in after class. Meet new friends.
Sign up online www.inverhills.edu/Intramurals
Fitness Center Hours
Monday to Thursday 9am to 8pm
Friday (closed Sat./Sun) 9am -4pm
Student Success Day Hours 1pm to 8pm
Game Room Hours
Monday & Wednesday 10:15am to 7:45pm
Tuesday and Thursday 9:15am to 7:45pm
Friday 9:15am to 12:45pm
Check out equipment with IH I.D. at the lower level Rec. window in the Activities building.
Workout lockers: $5 for Spring Semester (they are not book lockers). A limited amount remains. Good through May 14.
Deadline: Applicants must apply by March 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- All applicants must prepare two songs of differing styles.
- Song selection is limited to classical and/or musical theater compositions only.
- Both works must be memorized for performance.
- Contestants must obtain two legal copies of the music by the time of the scheduled audition.
- The ruling of the judges is final.
- Contestants must be available to audition on Thursday, April 9, 2015 between 9:00am and 4:00pm. Assigned times will be made available to contestants by Friday, April 3, 2015. Auditions will occur on campus in the Fine Arts Building.
- Winners will be announced after 6:00pm on Thursday, April 9, 2015.
- Ensemble contestant’s scholarship prize money will be split evenly among eligible participants
- The winner and runner-up in each of the two categories will perform their songs at a joint concert at Inver Hills Community College on Friday, April 10, 2015 at 7:30pm in the Fine Arts Theater.
- Prizes for the winners and first runner-up in each category include scholarship prizes and other items: First place: $250.00 / Second place: $100.00.
Wednesday, February 4th, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., College Center
Are you looking for a flexible part-time job while going to school? The Center for Experiential Learning invites you to our part-time job fair! We will have 25 different organizations and work study departments present who would love to talk to you about their opportunities!
Start planning your transfer to a four year college or university. The following university will be set up in the Counseling and Advising area this week:
Tuesday, February 3rd – University of Minnesota (CFANS) from 11:30 – 2:00.
The college will be closed on Monday, February 16th in observance of the Presidents’ Day holiday.
Do you have:
- Dynamic, outgoing personality & communication style
- Desire to engage and excite middle school students
- Ability to adapt, deal with changing circumstances in real time, a sense of humor
- We will be dealing with live animals & pre-teens
Be part of the Inver Hills Roadshow. ANYONE interested in practicing/learning their communication skills is welcome.
We will be visiting middle schoolers to help them learn about career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, agriculture & math (STEAM). This will not be a lecture, but super-fun, active learning experience. Your role will be to:
- Use your sparkling personality to excite students about STEAM!
- Interact with small groups (4-6) of students, keeping them on task & prompting them during activities
- Play with live goats
- Participate in creative planning and training sessions
Interested? Contact Kristin Digiulio email@example.com 651-450-3272
Start planning your transfer to a four year college or university. The following Universities will be set up in the Counseling and Advising area this week:
Wednesday, January 28th – Concordia University from 9:00 – 1:00.
Thursday January 29th – Saint Mary’s University from 10:00 – 1:00.