About the Role of Student Senate Director of Communications
The Executive Board of the Student Senate is comprised of the Student Senate President, Vice President, Director of Communications, Treasurer, and Legislative Director. As a whole, the Executive Board:
- Is responsible for implementing all decisions made by the Student Senate
- Notifies the faculty and administration of any student concerns as deemed necessary
- Sets the agenda and for Student Senate meetings
- Presents separate officer reports at all regularly scheduled meetings.
- Attend and lead leadership workshops and trainings
- Executive Board members will receive a stipend based each semester upon completion of their duties
The Duties of the Director of Communications (as outlined in the Student Senate Bylaws)
- Shall temporarily assume the role Presidency in the absence of the aforementioned Officers.
- Shall keep an up-to-date roster of Student Senate members, with Student Tech IDs, and e-mail addresses.
- Shall take roll call at all meetings.
- Shall take accurate minutes of each Student Senate meeting.
- Have prior week’s minutes available in the Student Senate office two (2) school days after the Student Senate meeting.
- Continually coordinates publicity for:
- The recruitment of students for Student Senate positions
- Any Student Senate or Student Life activity
- Student Senate committees and initiatives
- Maintain annual records for Student Senate business, including agendas, minutes and motion slips.
- Keep a calendar in the Student Senate office to track projects, events and committee meetings.
- Shall be an active member in the Outreach committee